Intended Audience: District Users, Vendors
In order to ensure quality and consistency, all course syllabi available in Michigan's Online Course Catalog must undergo review in accordance with the Guidelines & Model Review Process established by Michigan Virtual. The following process outlines the steps for adding course syllabi review information to the catalog.
It is important to note that third-party courses are also required to undergo the Model Review Process for Online Courses. Once this review has been completed, the results will be made available in Michigan's Online Course Catalog. This provides a distinct advantage to districts seeking to incorporate third-party syllabi into their course offerings, as the review process will have already been completed and documented in the catalog, eliminating the need for duplicate reviews.
- First, click on the Courses option in the top menu bar.
- Next, select the "Reviews" link for the relevant course. Please note that course offerings will only appear to public users in the Local District and Statewide catalogs if the course review contains all iNACOL and NSQ ratings.
- Then choose the "iNACOL National Standards for Quality Online Courses" or "NSQ National Standards for Quality Online Courses" option from the Create Review drop-down menu.
- Now, apply a rating and, if applicable, comment to each standard on this page. Please note that the first Rating drop-down field will apply the same rating to all standards.
- Then select the appropriate options in the Reviewed By and Date Of Review fields. If your review was conducted by an organization not listed in the drop-down menu, please contact the Customer Care Center.
- Finally, click the Submit button to save your changes.