Intended Audience: District Users
The responsibility of creating a syllabus lies with the districts as a requirement for offering online courses through Michigan's Online Course Catalog. The following process outlines how to add course syllabus details to make it accessible in local and/or statewide catalogs.
It is important to note that the fields necessary to save the course syllabus are denoted with an asterisk (*).
- First, click on the New Course button on the right side of the homepage.
- Next, fill out the required fields on the "Course Information" page and click Save. Remember to include the specific components required by section 21f(12)(B) of the State School Aid Act (see Guidelines and Model Review Process for Online Courses).
- Then select the "SCED Information" option from the left menu, choose the appropriate information, and click "Save" to continue. Refer to Determine SCED Code Information for additional assistance.
- Next select Details, populate the required fields and then tap the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap Performance Data, tap the Add Performance Data button to include the data and then tap Save to continue.
Note: Note: Section 21f(7)(c) requires districts or ISDs who offered online courses through Section 21f to provide Michigan Virtual with a) the number of enrollments in each online course the district or ISD offered to pupils in the immediately preceding school year, and b) the number of enrollments in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points for each online course. Enter the number of enrollments in the course of which you kept the 60-80% enrollment payment. If the course was offered during the preceding year, but there were no enrollments, please enter the number “0”.
- Continue to the Course Review Process.