Intended Audience: Vendors
Third-party providers are not allowed by the 21f legislation to offer their own online courses through the statewide catalog of online courses. They can however, upload course syllabi for use by educating districts. It is important to note that the course syllabi information entered by a third-party provider following the steps below will never be displayed to the general public through the District and Statewide Catalog search screens; it will only be visible to district personnel who are logged into the catalog website. This process describes how to add third-party syllabi information.
Fields required for saving the course syllabus are marked with an asterisk (*).
- First, from the home page, tap New Course on the right side of the page.
- Next, complete the fields provided within the Course Information page and then tap the Save button when finished.
Note: Please keep in mind, section 21f(12)(B) requires online course syllabus to include specific components (see Guidelines and Model Review Process for Online Courses).
- Then tap the SCED Information left menu option, select the appropriate information and then tap Save to continue.
Note: For additional assistance refer to Determine SCED Code Information.
- Next select Details, populate the required fields and then tap the Save button at the bottom of the screen. Refer to Using the HTML Editor for additional help.
- Now, tap Performance Data, tap the Add Performance Data button to include the data and then tap Save to continue.
Note: Note: Section 21f(7)(c) requires districts or ISDs who offered online courses through Section 21f to provide Michigan Virtual with a) the number of enrollments in each online course the district or ISD offered to pupils in the immediately preceding school year, and b) the number of enrollments in which the pupil earned 60% or more of the total course points for each online course. Enter the number of enrollments in the course of which you kept the 60-80% enrollment payment. If the course was offered during the preceding year, but there were no enrollments, please enter the number “0”.
- Continue to the Vendor Course Review process.