Section 21f of the State School Aid Act allows students in grades 6 through 12 who are enrolled in a Michigan public local district or public school academy (not including full-time cyber schools) to take up to two online courses per academic term with consent from their parent or guardian. The site is populated with course titles and syllabi submitted by local school districts, intermediate school districts and Michigan Virtual. This process describes the steps that will need to be followed to add courses to Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- First, search Michigan's Online Course Catalog to determine if your course has already been created.
- Next, ensure that the Pricing option for this course has been established.
- Then make sure that you have created a Course Term to specify when the course will be available.
- Next, Add Course Syllabi to the database.
Note: If you have multiple courses, district users can follow the Course Imports process to learn how to batch upload courses (import a course syllabi from an Excel sheet) to Michigan's Online Course Catalog.
- Then Create Course Offerings to display the syllabus and any additional course information on Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
- Finally, ensure the Course Review contains all 52 ratings.
For additional information, please see District Help Resources.