As requested, Michigan Virtual has recently enrolled multiple learners in Essential Early Literacy courses within the Professional Learning Portal (PLP). Learners were sent an email containing information about the course and a link to the PLP. This document describes how to access the dashboard and course content.
- First, select the link to access the Professional Learning Portal.
- Next, access the dashboard by following the Login instructions.
- As a result, one or more Essential Early Literacy courses will appear in the "Active Courses" module.
- At this point, tap the appropriate linked course name to open the content in a new window. Then begin the course by selecting Getting Started within the left navigation menu and tapping the first linked topic name.
- Continue to the next topic by tapping the next button at the top or bottom of the page.
- When navigating the course, links contain a descriptive text to explain the type of link being selected. Links can be either a “Web Page”, “Assignment”, “Content Object”, “PDF Document” or “Word Document”. Links that display “Content Object”, will open in a new window.
Note: A message may appear, select Review Content to simply examine work completed, or select Retake Content to repeat the attempt at completing the course. If pop-up blockers are enabled, this window may not open. Pop-ups must be allowed to access content.
If you are returning another message may appear that states “Would you like to resume where you left off?” Tap the Yes or No button as appropriate. When you are completed with viewing the materials the only way to return to the course content is to close the window.
- Once the course has been finished, learners can view or print the Completion Certificate.
Learners who are registered for more than one course can toggle between courses using the waffle icon at the top of the page.