Intended Audience: Educators
Michigan Virtual has recently enrolled several learners in the Essential Early Literacy courses available within the Professional Learning Portal (PLP), as requested. Each learner has received an email that contains detailed information about the course and a link to access the PLP. This article will provide step-by-step instructions on how to access the dashboard and course content for Essential Early Literacy.
- First, select the link to access the Professional Learning Portal.
- Next, access the dashboard by following the Login instructions.
- As a result, one or more Essential Early Literacy courses will appear in the "Active Courses" module.
- At this point, tap the appropriate linked course name to open the content in a new window. Then begin the course by selecting Get Started.
- Continue to the next topic by tapping the next button at the top or bottom of the page.
If there is incomplete actions, you will receive the following message. Tap Back to Content to return and complete these actions.
- Once the course has been finished, learners can view or print the Completion Certificate.
Learners who are registered for more than one course can toggle between courses using the waffle icon at the top of the page.
For learners who would like to reference the material from completed sections of Essential Early Literacy Courses, or those that help facilitate the courses for their districts may enroll in Early Literacy Resources. Doing so will make the content of any completed section available for a year. If you are currently enrolled in an Essential Early Literacy Course you can go to the conclusion portion of your course and use the link provided to self enroll in the resources course. If you are not currently enrolled in any Essentials courses please reach out to customer care to be enrolled.