Intended Audience: Educators, MiRegistry Members
To enroll in a course, learners must search for courses in the Professional Learning Portal (PLP) catalog, review the course details, and register by adding the courses to their cart. Afterward, learners need to purchase the course (if there's a fee) and access their dashboard to launch the course(s). This process outlines the steps required for successful course enrollment.
If a learner is accessing the PLP for the first time, they should refer to the First Time User Registration process which will allow them to create an account while registering for the course at the same time.
- Begin by visiting the PLP website at plp.michiganvirtual.org to access the course catalog.
- From there, learners can either type in a keyword in the search bar or filter the available courses using the Category, Credit Type, Price, and/or Format options located at the top of the page.
- Once learners have located a course they are interested in, they can select the "Info" link in the lower left corner of the course tile to view additional details about the course. If they would like to enroll, they can click the Register button to add the course to their cart. Learners can repeat this process to add additional courses to their cart.
- Next, learners will review and purchase the courses they've added to the cart by tapping the "Proceed to Checkout" link located at the top of the page.
- Upon reaching this point, learners will need to log in to the PLP to review and purchase their selected course(s). Learners will need to select the Login button.
- Next, the learner will insert their username and password in the respective fields and click the Login button at the bottom of the page.
- Once the learner has successfully logged in, they will be directed to complete their course enrollment(s). To do this they will follow the Purchase Course process.