Communication is essential when ensuring student success in an online course. An affiliation user can contact a student by sending an email through the Student Learning Portal (SLP). The process describes sending a message to the student’s email address displayed in their account information page.
- First, tap the Student tab in the top menu bar to view students you can view.
- Next, click the linked name in the “Student” column.
- At this time, the Main Page will be displayed showing sectioned information pertaining to the student you have selected. Then tap the Send Email option if you need to contact this student directly.
- As a result, the email page will appear. If a the follow up template is needed, you can select it from the Template drop-down field. Next, replace or insert text for the Subject field and then include a carbon copy email address in the CC Email field if desired.
- At this moment, you can attach a file by selecting the Add files button. Choose the file and then tap the Open button.
- Then choose the other recipients that should be copied in your message by placing a check in the selection box to the left of the recipient.
Note: The Send also to Student’s Message Inbox is automatically selected. If deselected, the email will only be delivered to the student’s personal email address.
- Next, insert or modify the text within the Body area.
- A preview of your message will be displayed in the Sample area.
- Finally, if you are satisfied with your message click the Send button to deliver the email.