This process describes how a vendor or district user will batch upload courses (import a course syllabi from an Excel sheet) to Michigan's Online Course Catalog.
- First, tap the Course Imports button from the upper right corner of the Courses page.
- Next, tap the Download Template button.
- At this point, a CSV file will download. Tap to open the template and populate the data.
Note: There are certain fields (SCED Credit, Content Provider Entity, Online Instructor Entity, Display Type, SCED Course Level, and SCED Course) which require selections from a menu, see step 6 image to refer to drop-downs containing available options for these fields. This needs to be the EXACT text from the options provided.
- When finished, in the Excel spreadsheet tap File and then choose Save As. Name the file and select a location to store the file and then tap the Save button.
- Now, return to Michigan's Online Course Catalog and tap the New Import button within the Course Imports page.
- Next, insert the import Name for reference. Choose the saved file and then tap the Upload and Map Fields button.
- The Import Courses page will now show a list of the columns that were displayed in your uploaded file. Any corrections with the mapping will need to be selected by changing the drop-down fields to the right of the column names. If there are no corrections, tap the Run Report button.
- The Course Imports page will now display a table indicating the status of the import.
- If the Status column shows "Failed" tap the link within the Name column to view the Error Message indicating the reason for failure.
- If the Status column shows "Complete" the import was a success and no import errors were found. Tap the View Courses button to show the courses uploaded. Any information missing will be shown within the table as a red x with a circle around it (shared, reviewed, etc.). You may also select a course(s) and modify as desired using Edit or Bulk Update.