Intended Audience: MiRegistry Members
MiRegistry courses are geared toward individual early childhood education and out of school time professionals. Enrolling in these courses will assist in obtaining Continuing Education Units (CEUs)* for these individuals. This article describes how to enroll in a MiRegistry course using the Professional Learning Portal (PLP).
A Continuing Education Unit is a measure used in continuing education programs, particularly those required in a licensed profession. A CEU is not an academic credit; however, it is a nationally recognized method of quantifying the time spent in the “classroom” during professional development and training activities.
- First, search for MiRegistry courses available in the PLP.
- Start by opening a browser and visiting https://plp.michiganvirtual.org/.
- Next, enter "MiRegistry" within the Search bar at the top of the page.
- Then either tap your Enter key or tap the Find Course button.
- Next, choose a MiRegistry course.
- First, scroll through the available courses offered by MiRegistry.
- The cards will contain an "Info" link to display additional information about the course. Tap this link to review the course details (format, category, start/end date, etc.)
- Next, tap the Register button to proceed with the checkout process.
Alternatively, you can tap the Close button to return to your search results.
At this point, tap the cart icon and then tap Proceed to Checkout.
Next, Login or Create an account.
If you do not remember the password, please use the Forgot your Password? link, enter your email address, and check your inbox for the link to set a new password.
If you are a first time user, please select the Create an Account link at the bottom of the page. After filling in the required information, you’ll receive an email with an activation code. Please click on that to proceed with the checkout.
Continue to Purchase Course.
Once you've logged in, tap the Confirm button to complete the registration process.
Note: Payment information will be required for courses that are not free.
Next, tap the Go to Dashboard button.
Finally, launch the course by selecting the course tile in the Active courses widget.