Intended Audience: Educators, MiRegistry Members
The "Completed Courses" module within the Dashboard in the Professional Learning Portal (PLP) may not immediately display a course as completed after a learner finishes it. Here are the reasons why:
- Incomplete assignments: Checkmarks in the Gradebook only indicate that the lesson has been accessed, not completed. To check course completion, check the Gradebook in the course's "Course Links" tab.
- Blended and Online Facilitated course grades: Grades are released by the instructor, who may choose to release them only when all learners have finished the course.
- Self-paced courses: Course grades may be posted immediately, depending on how the course is designed.
Once all required assignments have been completed, it typically takes 12 hours for a course to trigger a completion in the PLP Dashboard. This is because the course gradebook needs time to sync with the PLP Dashboard. After completion is triggered, learners can download their Certificate of Completion.
In cases where it is relevant, State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits will be added to the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS) within 10 business days from the date of completion. Meanwhile, members of MiRegistry should allow up to 48 hours for Continued Education Units (CEUs) to show up on their MiRegistry account.
These instructions provide information on how learners can view their course completion status.
- First, go to the Professional Learning Portal (PLP) website and log in with your email and password.
- Once logged in, the Dashboard will appear, and you can view your course in either the "Active Courses" or "Completed Courses" modules.
- If your course is in the "Active Courses" module, check the guaranteed course access dates listed next to the course title. You won't be able to access the course if the start date is in the future, and you may be dropped from the course if the end date has passed.
- If your course is fully completed, it will appear in the "Completed Courses" module after approximately 12 hours. The completion date and grade achieved will be displayed next to the course title, and you can download the course completion certificate by clicking on the course.
If your course is still marked as active, it may be because it takes about 12 hours for the completion certificate to be generated, or because one of the course activities was not successfully completed. Check the course gradebook for any incomplete activities or wait for instructor feedback.
For facilitated courses, grades may only be released after the course end date. Check the course for more information.
Once your course is displayed in the "Completed Courses" module, Michigan Virtual will process your completion. If the course is eligible for SCECHs, ensure that you have provided your PIC and name as they appear in MOECS. SCECHs will be uploaded within 10 business days to MOECS.