Intended Audience: Educators, MiRegistry Members
To receive a certificate for a completed course in the Professional Learning Portal (PLP), users must meet the following two conditions:
- Finish all assignments and obtain a score of 80% or higher on the Comprehensive test. If the score is less than 80%, users must retake the test to obtain the minimum score. To check the course completion status, users should refer to the Check Course Completion Status article. Keep in mind that some activities in the course might require instructor feedback or may not be completed successfully. Additionally, facilitated courses may not release grades until the end date of the course has passed.
- Wait for 12 hours after finishing the course and all assignments. It takes about 12 hours for the completion certificate to be generated and the course to appear in the "Completed Courses" module.
Once users have met the above conditions, they can follow the instructions in this article to locate their certificate within the PLP Dashboard.
- Begin by accessing the Professional Learning Portal.
- On your dashboard, locate the "Completed Courses" module, which displays your finished courses.
- Next, click on the course tile for which you want to download the certificate. This will open a pop-up on the left-hand side of the screen. In the pop-up, select the "Download Certificate" link.
- Depending on your browser settings, the file might be automatically downloaded or a new window might open. You might also be prompted to choose whether to save or open the file. If the file opens in a new window, hover over the top portion of the downloaded file to access the print or save options within the PDF.
- If a school administrator asks you to share a link to your certificate, refer to the Generate a Course Certificate Public URL article for instructions.
- MiRegistry courses are geared toward individual early childhood education and out of school time professionals. If you have completed your MiRegistry course and are experiencing issues with obtaining Continuing Education Units (CEUs), please refer to the Why aren't my completions getting to MiRegistry? article.