Intended Audience: Educators, MiRegistry Members
This document explains how to register and enroll in online courses through the Professional Learning Portal (PLP). The PLP provides learners with access to courses that support their professional development and offer State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits. By enrolling in courses, learners can also fulfill professional development requirements.
If you wish to register without enrolling in a course, please refer to the Create a PLP Account without a Course Enrollment process.
Add Courses to Cart
- First, open a web browser and go to the PLP website.
- Use the search bar located at the top of the page to search for courses by entering relevant keywords. Click on the Find a Course button to view a list of relevant courses.
- Review the basic information about the courses listed, or select the "Info" link to access more detailed information.
- Click the Register button for any course you would like to take. This will add the course to your cart.
- Repeat steps 2-4 if you want to register for additional courses.
Create An Account
- First, click on the Proceed to Checkout link located at the top of the page. This will take you to the Login page.
- Next, click on the Create an Account link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the Registration form, making sure to complete all the required fields indicated with a star. Ensure that the email address you provide is accurate as you will need access to that email account to activate and access your PLP account.
- If you are a Michigan educator looking to earn SCECHs, you will need to provide your PIC code.
- If you are a Substitute teacher, please refer to the PLP Account Creation for Substitute Teachers article.
- If you are a member of the Michigan Early Childhood and School-Age workforce, refer to the Find Registry ID on MiRegistry Website process when prompted for your MiRegistry ID. All other users will disregard this field in the Registration form.
- Confirm your registration by selecting Register.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email. Click on the activation link in the email to activate your account and return to the Checkout page. If you do not receive the confirmation email within five minutes, contact the Customer Care Center.
- Review the items in your cart, enter your payment information if applicable, and confirm your course selection.
- After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation message and can access your dashboard. To begin your learning, click on the course title in the "Active Courses" module on your dashboard.