Intended Audience: District Users, Vendors
The following instructions explain how to batch upload courses (import a course syllabus from an Excel sheet) to Michigan's Online Course Catalog for vendors or district users.
- First, click on the Course Imports button located in the upper right corner of the Courses page.
- Select the Download Template button. Please note that some fields (SCED Credit, Content Provider Entity, Online Instructor Entity, Display Type, SCED Course Level, and SCED Course) require specific selections from a dropdown menu. Refer to step 6 image to see the available options for these fields and select the exact text from the options provided.
- Save the Excel spreadsheet by clicking on File and choosing Save As. Name the file and select a location to store it, and then click the Save button.
- Now, go back to Michigan's Online Course Catalog and click on the New Import button within the Course Imports page.
- Next, enter an import Name for reference, select the saved file, and then click the Upload and Map Fields button.
- The Import Courses page will now display a list of the columns from your uploaded file. If needed, make any corrections to the mapping by changing the dropdown fields to the right of the column names. If there are no corrections, click the Run Report button.
- The Course Imports page will display a table indicating the import status.
- If the Status column shows "Failed," click on the link in the "Name" column to view the error message, which indicates the reason for failure.
- If the Status column shows "Complete," the import was successful and no import errors were found. Click on the View Courses button to display the uploaded courses. Any missing information will be shown in the table as a red "X" with a circle around it (shared, reviewed, etc.). You may also select one or more courses and modify them using Edit or Bulk Update.