Michigan Virtual’s Essentials courses provide students who have previously failed core classes required for graduation or who attend an approved alternative education program, with a high quality online solution. This article describes how a parent/guardian will search and register for an Essentials Course within the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
- First, login to the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
Note: If you do not have an account, refer to Add Student and Guardian Accounts.
- From the homepage, tap Course Registration from the left navigation menu.
- Next, choose Essentials Courses from the Catalog drop-down search field and tap the Apply Filter button.
Note: You can also populate the additional search fields to narrow your results further.
- As a result, a table containing your search results will appear. Choose a date range from the Start Date column in the row of the course you'd like to register your student. Then place a check in the Select column and tap the Register button.
- Next, review the information displayed on the Course Confirmation page. The cost of the course as well as enrollment information will be shown. Take note of the dates displayed in the Start Date and End Date columns. If you wish to proceed with this enrollment, populate your credit card information and then tap the Make Payment button.
- Finally, return to the Guardian Dashboard to view the course.
Note: The Open Course button will not be displayed until after the course start date.