Intended Audience: Guardians
The Michigan Virtual's Essentials courses offer a high-quality online solution to students who have failed core classes necessary for graduation or attend an approved alternative education program. This article explains the process for a parent/guardian to search and register for an Essentials Course (Credit Recovery) within the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
- To begin, log in to the Student Learning Portal (SLP). If you do not have an account, please refer to the Add Student and Guardian Accounts article.
- From the homepage, select Course Registration on the left navigation menu.
- Next, choose Essentials Courses from the "Catalog" drop-down search field and click the Apply Filter button. You can further narrow your results by filling out additional search fields.
- A table containing your search results will appear. Select the course you want to register your student for by choosing a date range from the "Start Date" column and placing a check in the "Select" column. Click the Register button.
- Next, review the information on the Course Confirmation page, including the cost and enrollment details, as well as the start and end dates. To proceed with the enrollment, fill in your credit card information and click Make Payment.
- Finally, return to the Guardian Dashboard to view the course. Please note that the Open Course button will not appear until after the course start date.