Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS) and Michigan Virtual have collaborated to create a procedure for transferring State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) credits earned through the Professional Learning Portal (PLP). Numerous factors can explain why SCECH credits may not be displayed in MOECS.
To secure SCECHs for courses completed, learners must confirm that all the criteria listed below are satisfied.
✓ Profiles: First and last name matches in MOECS and PLP accounts
✓ Personal Identification Code (PIC): Valid PIC
✓ Assignments: Course assignments are completed
✓ Evaluation: Course evaluation completed
✓ Processing: 10 business days passed since course completed
For smooth course transfers, it's essential that the learner's first and last names match in both their PLP and MOECS accounts.
- First, login to MOECS, select Profile Information from the left menu and then view the first and last name in the account profile.
- Next, in a separate browser tab, access the PLP, tap Edit Account and then view the first and last name in the account profile.
- Is there a discrepancy?
- If yes, adjust the PLP account to match the first and/or last name as it appears in MOECS and then tap Update Account. SCECH credits will need to be manually uploaded and due to the time-intensive nature of this process, it can take up to 30 business days to upload credits to MOECS. To begin this process, please contact our Customer Care Center.
- If there is no discrepancy, no action is required for this verification step.
Personal Identification Code (PIC)
To ensure seamless course transfers, it is crucial that the learner's PIC matches in both their PLP and MOECS accounts.
- First, login to MOECS, tap the PIC button from the homepage and highlight and copy the PIC number displayed.
- Next, login to the PLP, select Edit Account from the left menu.
- Does the copied PIC number match the number displayed in the PIC field?
- If not, paste the number it into the PIC field and then tap Update Account.
- If the number matches, no action is required for this verification step.
Learners must review their courses, check the grade book for incomplete tasks, and ensure all assignments are marked as completed.
- First, access the PLP Dashboard.
- Is the course title listed in the Completed Coursessection?
- If yes, no further action is required for this verification step.
- If the course is not listed, continue to step 3.
- Next, tap the course title in the Active Courses section and refer to the Gradebook & Completion Status article. Sometimes, there might be incomplete tasks that require attention. Please carefully go through all assignments and ensure they are marked as completed.
If the course was instructor-led, please be patient and give the instructor additional time to assess, grade, and mark assignments as completed.
To ensure MOECS records SCECHs on an educator's transcript, they must first claim them. Learners will receive an email from MDE ([email protected]) requiring the completion of an online evaluation for the course. Was this evaluation received and completed?
- If not, learners will need to refer to the other verification steps or contact our Customer Care Center to determine why the evaluation was not sent.
- If yes, after completing the required evaluation in MOECS, the SCECHs will be visible in MOECS. Contact the MOECS Help Desk for any issues related to completing the evaluation.
A manual process of transferring SCECH credits from the PLP to MOECS will take place once a course is completed.
- First, access Completed Courses section displayed on the PLP Dashboard.
- Next, note the course completion date. Has 10 business days passed since the completion date?
- If yes, learners will need to refer to the other verification steps or contact our Customer Care Center to determine why SCECHs are missing.
- If not, please allow a maximum of 10 business days after completing a course for our SCECH coordinators to upload SCECHs to MOECS. Once the processing is complete, learners will receive an email from MDE requesting them to evaluate the course.
SCECHs Still Missing?
If all verification steps above are done but SCECHs are missing, contact our Customer Care Center.