Intended Audience: Collaborative Admin Users
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
A Collaborative Admin user can choose to add a single student account or upload multiple accounts into the Student Learning Portal (SLP). This process describes how to create and upload a comma separated values (CSV) file to create student accounts in bulk.
There are three steps:
Note: After student accounts are created, the system will automatically make a guardian account. Once the student has been enrolled in a course, an email message will be sent to the guardian which will contain their account setup instructions. These accounts are generated with the intent of keeping guardians informed of student progress.
Step 1. Create the Import File
- First, tap the Affiliations tab in the top menu, tap Search, and then tap to select your affiliation name.
- Next, tap Import Collab Students from the left navigation menu and then click Download Sample.
- Then insert a row for each student which contains the required information are as follows:
Note: Do not remove or alter the headers in this file or insert more than 200 students at a time.
- Action: This cell should contain the word ADD to indicate that you are adding a new student.
- FirstName: This cell should contain the student’s first name.
- LastName: This cell should contain the student’s last name.
- Email: This cell should contain the student’s unique email address. (This will also be the student’s Username)
- UIC: This cell should contain the student’s User Identification Code (also known as the Student Identification Number).
- DOB: This cell should contain the student’s date of birth.
- GuardianFirstName: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s first name.
- GuardianLastName: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s last name.
- GuardianEmail: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s unique email address.
- GradeLevel: This cell should contain the student’s current grade level.
- Phone: This cell should contain the student’s primary phone number.
- Next, select File and then select Save As and then choose the location on your computer where the file should be stored.
- To finish, rename the file using the File Name field and then change the Save as type field to “CSV (Comma delimited)” using the drop-down options.
Step 2. Import Student Profiles
- Begin by returning to the Student Learning Portal.
- First, tap the Affiliations tab in the top menu, tap Search, and then tap your affiliation name.
- Next, tap Import Collab Students from the left navigation menu.
- At this point, you will be prompted to upload the CSV file created in step 1 above. Proceed by tapping the Choose File button, choose the file, and then select Open.
- Next, tap the Preview File button to display the list of students to be imported.
- Then tap the Choose File button once again and select the file saved in step 1.
- Next, select the Upload File button to import the students.
- At this time, a new column titled “Results” will appear next to each student record.
- If “OK” is displayed, the student information was imported successfully.
- If “Fail” is shown, the student profile was not successfully imported and must be recreated. Reference the “Messages” column for additional information.
Step 3. Verify Import
- First, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar.
- Finally, review the list of students to ensure the imported students are listed. At this point, student and guardian accounts are created and an email will be distributed to provide them with their login credentials.