Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors, Mentors, and Admins
This article pertains to courses taught by a local teacher as part of a collaborative partnership.
Every student registered in the Student Learning Portal (SLP) must have a designated guardian of record. Once the student is enrolled in their initial course, the guardian will be notified via email (using the email address listed in their account) that an account has been created for them, along with instructions for accessing it. If a guardian account needs to be added after the initial enrollment process, please follow the steps outlined below.
Collaborative Instructors, Mentors
- First, navigate to the SLP Students page and locate the student that needs to have a guardian added. Click the student name.
- On the student information page, select Guardian Accounts from the left navigation menu.
- In the "Guardian List" section, ensure that the account does not already exist. If the account already exists, you will see the guardian information for the student.
- To add the new guardian, complete the information in the yellow boxes and check the Reset password box.
- Tap Create.
- The new guardian will appear in the Guardian list now and they will be sent an email regarding their account creation and access.
- In order for instructors to be able to copy guardians on messages sent through the SLP Enrollments page, the guardian must also be listed as a Guardian of Record for the student. The guardian(s) of record for a student can only be viewed or added by a Collaborative Admin or by users at Michigan Virtual. If a Collaborative Admin is not able to assist, please reach out to your contact at Michigan Virtual.
As a Collaborative Admin, the steps to add a Guardian of Record are as follows:
- Navigate to the student’s information page in the SLP.
- From the left navigation menu, select Edit Information.
- Scroll down to the Guardian Contact Information section.
- Enter the information for the new Guardian of Record.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Save.