Intended Audience: District Representatives, REP
Michigan Virtual REP (MVREP) files are provided to comply with school safety legislation. To grant REP submitters convenient access to data according to their schedules, they will log in to the Michigan Virtual Student Learning Portal (SLP). Within the portal, they can retrieve various reports containing REP, TSDL, and other essential central administrative data, and download this information into an Excel sheet.
MVREP files encompass data for Michigan Virtual teachers falling into the following categories:
- Active teachers who could have engaged with your students for 3 days or more.
- Exited teachers who are no longer interacting with your students.
It's important to note that Higher Ed and Collaborative Partner (CP) teachers are not included in MVREP files. Additionally, MVREP files do not disclose the Michigan Virtual Teacher's Social Security Number; instead, the credential license number and PIC are used for unique identification.
Login credentials were sent via email when the account was initially created this person leaves the district due to a new job or retirement, the successor must submit a new REP Request to have their account established.
Furthermore, failure to log in to the Student Learning Portal (SLP) for over 6 consecutive months will result in the deactivation of the SLP account.
MVREP files for Bulk Submission are formatted to be converted into a fixed-width text file, which can subsequently be uploaded using the Bulk Submission/Uploading feature.
- From the Reports page, select a report with "Bulk Submission/Uploading" in the report title and then tap the Run Report button. If any results show, the output will be displayed in an unrecognizable format.
- Next, tap the Export Results to Excel button and open the downloaded file into Excel.
- At this point, tap File and then choose Save As. Choose Text (MS-DOS) from the Save as type formats and insert a title for the File name. Tap the Save button to apply changes and then close Excel.
- Next, open Notepad and select File and then choose Open. Navigate to the saved Text (MS-DOS) file created in the step above to open it. It should look similar to the following image:
- Now make the following modifications to the file:
- Tap Edit and then choose Replace. Replace all instances of "zzzz" with a null value and then tap the Replace all button.
- Close the Replace pop-up and delete the top row and then Save the file.
There should be 10 spaces before the 2-digit ISD code. If spaces are deleted or if "zzzz" is replaced with anything other than a null value the file will not upload.
- At this point, REP submitters may upload the txt file into REP using the Bulk Submission.
Note: When using Bulk Upload, please wait several minutes before looking at any error messages displayed. As long as there are no "Fatal" errors, then the report has been successfully uploaded. See District Reporting: Error Troubleshooting for additional support.