The Lessons page in Brightspace acts as a table of contents which allows you to navigate course components (lessons, units, folders, and materials). Each expandable tile contains additional course components that students can quickly access by tapping the title. A count of viewed components will be identified by a check to the right of the component name.
- First, tap Lessons from the Navbar.
- Next, tap the Getting Started tile to expand the assignments to review and/or complete.
- Then select Launch Unit to view the various assignments within.
- After you have reviewed the Welcome Letter, continue to the next activity by tapping the Next Activity button (arrow pointing to right) at the top of the page. Or you may use the menu icon (pancake) on the left to expand or collapse the unit navigation. You may use either or both.
- As a result, this will allow you to view the Course Pacing Guide. Review the appropriate pacing guide for you by tapping the appropriate 10, 12 or 18 week pacing guide link.
- Continue to press the Next Activity button until all materials have been completed. To complete, do one of the following as it pertains to the activity.
- Type your assignment directly in the Text Submission field. When you finish your written response, tap Submit.
- To browse for the file you want to submit, click Add a File. You can attach files from your local computer or storage device, a personal locker, a group locker, or Brightspace ePortfolio. Enter any comments you want to submit with the file and then tap Submit.
- You can select Record Audio to add feedback. When you finish a recording, click Add. Enter any comments you want to submit with the file and then tap Submit.
- Click Mark as Complete to manually mark an assignment as completed.
- An End of Unit page will be displayed when all materials have been completed for the lesson you are taking. Simply tap the I’m Done button to return to the Lessons page.
- Now, continue to expand the next tiled lesson/unit in top to bottom order. If you would like to understand more about what should be completed each week to stay on track, see the course Pacing Guide in the Student Learning Portal.