Intended Audience: Mentors
To ensure a smooth experience with the Insights Report Builder, mentors accessing it for the first time are recommended to complete the welcome tour and customize their menu options. Follow the steps below to achieve this. Once completed, return to the Data and Insights page.
Access the Insights Report Builder
- First, login to the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
- Next, tap Go to Courses from the left menu and choose Brightspace.
- Then tap Data and Insights and choose Insights Portal.
- Next, tap Insights Report Builder to open the dashboards in a new browser tab.
Upon accessing the Insights Report Builder, you may encounter several pop-up messages. It is recommended to set up your profile, complete the Welcome Tour, and hide the Quick Start Courses option by selecting the corresponding options in the pop-up messages.
If the Profile setup pop-up window appears when setting up your profile in the Insights Report Builder, follow these steps:
- First, to add a profile picture, tap Choose Image to select a photo to upload or tap Take Photo to use your camera.
- Next, in the Name field, insert your name if it does not appear automatically.
- Then in the Title field, insert your job title.
- The Dashboard field should auto-populate; if not, insert the name of the dashboard you are attempting to access.
- Next, in the Phone Number field, insert your company phone number.
- Finally, tap the DONE button to apply your changes and complete the profile setup.
To complete the welcome tour in the Insights Report Builder, follow these steps:
- To start, tap the CONTINUE button to review the content in each slide. If you do not want to review the information, tap the Skip Tour link located in the bottom left corner of the second slide.
- Once the tour is completed, tap the DONE button to exit.
Hide Quick Start Courses
To hide the "Quick Start Courses" menu option in the Insights Report Builder dashboard menu, follow these steps:
- First, hover over the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top left corner of the page.
- Next, click MANAGE DASHBOARDS to open the Manage Dashboards pop-up.
- At this point, locate the Quick Start Courses option and hover over it to reveal the "show" (eye) icon.
- Then click the "show" (eye) icon to hide the option from your menu. The icon will turn gray.
- Lastly, click the DONE button to close the pop-up and save your changes.