Brightspace now has an optional feature you can enable to include common pronouns such as She/Her, He/Him, and They/Them. This article describes how to update your account settings to allow others to see your pronouns in your profile card. This feature is enabled for both students and Instructors.
- Instructors can see pronouns that are set by their learners in the following areas of the system: in Quick Eval when grading a learners work, from class/user progress, and in the discussions tool.
- Learners can see pronouns that are set by other students or their instructor in the discussions tool.
- First, tap your name from the top of the Brightspace page and then select Account Settings.
- Next, enable the Allow others to see my pronouns checkbox by tapping in the box.
- Then tap the radio button Use different pronouns.
- Finally, type the appropriate pronoun in the open text area below and then tap Save and Close to apply your changes.