Intended Audience: Mentors
The Mentor Dashboard offers an overview of the courses taken by your students. It provides mentors with statistics and a list of students who are currently taking the course. Mentors can access additional information about their students by referring to the nested dashboards featured in the Activity Heatmap, Learner Progress, and Grade Reports sections. Each dashboard generates a distinct set of data, serving different purposes.
The Mentor Dashboard provides an overview of your student courses. It will supply you with statistics as well as a list of students that are considered "In Progress" in the course. This dashboard will allow you to obtain details about your students by viewing the nested dashboards referenced in the Activity Heatmap, Learner Progress, and Grade Reports which individually will produce different sets of data with a different purposes.
- First, tap Data and Insights from the Brightspace Navbar and then select Insights Portal.
- Next, tap Insights Report Builder at the bottom of the Insights Portal page.
At this point, a new tab will open. To view the dashboard, open the menu at the top left of the page, expand Mentor Dashboards. As a result, the dashboard will be shown. At the top of the page, you can quickly see the number of students you are mentoring and the current (In Progress) enrollments.
- Next, scroll down the page to view the various interactive cards.
- The "PR - M - 22-23 Orientation Incomplete" card (top left) displays a list of student names. Each student that appears in this card has not completed the Student Orientation Course.
- The "PR - M - In Progress Enrollments" card (top right) displays a list of current enrollments. Each student in this list is actively taking a course. The Name column refers to the course title.
- The "PR - M - Dropped Enrollments card (bottom left) displays a list of students who have dropped a course and also provides the course title.
- The "PR - M - Completed Enrollments card (bottom right) displays a list of students who have completed their course.
- At this point, you may tap an item to filter by to narrow down results that you want to view. Simply tap a student name or course name to only show information pertaining to that selected item.