Intended Audience: Students
Exempted items, such as assignments or quizzes, do not count towards the total grade calculation. The reasons for an instructor to exempt a grade may vary. This process describes two ways to check whether an item has been exempted from a student's overall grade in their Brightspace course.
- First, access your course and then tap Lessons option from the "Course Activities" tab in the Navbar.
- Next, tap to expand the unit title(s) to view the assignments, tests and quizzes.
- Finally, all exempt items will be noted with the word “Exempt” directly below the title.
- First, access your course and then tap the Grades option from the "Course Tools" tab option in the Navbar.
- Next, scroll down the Gradebook page to locate the item(s) that are exempt. These will be identified by the “-/-” in the Points column and the word “Exempt” in the Grade column.