Intended Audience: Affiliation Users, Mentors
Mentors and affiliation users can control how course notifications are received for Brightspace courses. Adjust your settings and choose the frequency of these notifications by following the process below.
- First, open a course from the Student Learning Portal (SLP) dashboard.
- Next, tap the profile name in the upper right corner to display a menu of options and then choose Notifications.
- At this point, the notification settings can be adjusted as needed.
- When finished, tap the Save button at the bottom of the page to apply notification changes.
The Contact Methods section can be utilized to setup your mobile device.
Note: Do not modify the email settings.
- Tap Register your mobile to select the country, carrier and phone number for the device that should receive notifications.
- Next, enter the code sent to your mobile device and then tap Confirm.
- Finally, choose the Max number of messages per day to receive to this mobile device.
Summary of Activity
A summary of course activity can be emailed daily or weekly for selected courses. Select the How often? drop-down field to select an option. By default, new users will receive weekly notifications which are distributed at 12:00 AM on Monday's.
Instant notifications are notifications that are displayed on your smartphone, tablet or computer as the activity happens. From this section, select (check) SMS and/or Email for each activity.
Include customization of these notifications by selecting the options available.
Exclude Some Courses
Notifications can be limited to specific courses.
- First, tap Manage my course exclusions from this section.
- Then select the X next to the course(s) that should be excluded.
- Finally, tap the Close button to exit.