Intended Audience: Guardians
Participating in Michigan Virtual research activities is completely voluntary. Declining to participate will not result in any penalties or affect the student's grades in their online courses. While we do encourage participation, if you or your student prefer not to take part in research activities, please refer to the instructions below.
- First, access the Submit a ticket page of our website.
- Next, populate Your Email, Name and Phone Number fields.
- Then select Michigan Virtual Opt-Out from the Which service do you need help with? drop-down field.
- Next, choose Student Research Activity from the What information (data) sharing would you like to opt-out of? drop-down field.
- Then include the following information within the Please provide a first name, last name and email address... box.
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Student Email Address (the email address the student uses signing into the Student Learning Portal).
- Statement/Reasoning for Opt-out
- Finally, complete all required fields and tap the Submit button to process the request.