The purpose of this article is to provide an understanding of the changes that have taken place in AP test registration and identify how Michigan Virtual is involved and to provide guidance to local schools on how to register students for an AP Exam, if your local student is enrolled in an AP course taught by a Michigan Virtual instructor.
AP Students Must Take the Following Steps:
- Students will need to create an account on the College Board Website.
- Students will need to join their Michigan Virtual teacher’s section on the College Board website by using the “join code” provided by their instructor.
- Students will have access to many instructional resources in these class sections, which can be shared with them by their instructors.
- Students will also need to join their local school’s Exam Only section on the College Board website.
- Students will need a “join code” for each AP course they are taking from their online instructor.
Action Needed by Local School AP Coordinators:
- Michigan Virtual provides the instruction for their online students, but does not administer the exam.
- You will need to create an Exam Only section on the College Board website if your school administers AP Exams to students who aren’t enrolled in an AP section at your school.
- When you create your Exam Only section, a “Join Code” will be generated that you should give to students who are taking the AP course with Michigan Virtual. You will not be able to order an exam for your student if they are not added to the correct “exam only” section at your local school.
- Students should not be added to the roster of a teacher who is teaching the same AP course locally.
- Exam Only sections on the College Board website will not have access to AP Classroom resources because the students will get these from their online instructor.
- There will no longer be a need for students to bubble in the “online provider code” on their AP answer sheet as they did in years past. So long as a student has “joined” the appropriate AP section with their teacher and the Exam Only section with their local school, both parties will receive scores.
- Please see the AP Coordinator Manual, pg 64, for more information.
- Review Important AP Dates and other information by visiting the AP Exam Administration, Ordering & Scores page.