Intended Audience: Mentors
To track a student's progress, mentors can use the Student Progress Page to check the time spent by a student in their course(s) and their engagement with the course content. This information can help mentors understand how the student is progressing. Follow the steps below to access this data for your students. Keep in mind that this data excludes time spent on non-Brightspace content, working on assignments outside of Brightspace, or non-content pages like the Class Homepage or My Progress pages.
- First, follow the View Progress Summary process. This will allow you to see the applicable menu option described below.
- Next, navigate to the "Content" section and you will find the total duration of the student's engagement with the course, along with the number of course visits and the count of accessed topics. Please note that topics may include lessons, assignments, quizzes, and other supplementary course materials.
- Next, to see details on the most recent items that the student has worked on, tap on the "Topics Visited" section. Please note that the time displayed below each item represents the total time spent by the student on that particular item across all visits.
- To access further information on Content Progress, select Content from the left navigation menu. This will allow you to view the access data for each module of the course. To expand the section, click the triangle next to the number of topics.
- Finally, view details for each item within the module.
If you need further guidance on how to interpret the content progress report for a student, please reach out to the instructor. In the report, each topic item is accompanied by an icon that represents its type. Please refer to the key below to identify the icon for each item.