Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
In Brightspace, teachers have a couple options for applying accommodations for students that have an IEP or 504 Plan. One way is to apply accommodations for a student that will apply to all quizzes in the course. This bulk accommodations option allows you to modify the time limit on quizzes.
- First, within your Brightspace course, go to the Course Admin page and then tap Classlist.
- Next, locate the student that you want to apply accommodations for and click the drop-down menu next to their name and choose Edit Accommodations.
Note: This article pertains to instructors teaching in our Collaborative model. Michigan Virtual instructors do not teach in this instance of Brightspace and will not have the same permissions. This means Edit Accommodations will not be available.
- Then change the time limit by checking the box next to Modify Time Limit and enter either:
- a multiplier, or
- the number of extra minutes allowed on the quiz.
- At this point, click the Save button to apply the changes.
When students have bulk accommodations set, a gear icon will appear next to their name on the Classlist page.
The accommodations made will apply to the student on all quizzes throughout the entire course.