Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by a local teacher as part of a collaborative partnership.
The purpose of the Course Overview Widget is to provide easier access to analytics about learners and courses. The widget appears on your Brightspace homepage and will display high-level aggregate information about the course and links to course-specific Brightspace Insights reports.
For example, the widget can display a visualization of weekly course access (the Course Access report as a bar chart) and how many learners submitted quizzes today.
Find Students Who Have Not Accessed My Course in the Past 7 Days
- First, tap the number located in the box "students have not visited this course in the past 7 days"
- As a result, the table below will filter the results to display only those with "Course not accessed" in the Last visited column.
Locate Students in Percentage Range
- First, tap the appropriate Grade Distribution column in the second widget at the top of the page. As a result, the table below will change to show the students in that range.
- In the example below, all students are between the 0-50 percent range, so there is only one column to select. You may have more.
Sort My Data
- Tap each column to sort alphabetically or numerically.
Search for a Student
- Enter a name in the Search field and then tap Enter key to locate a specific student.
Identify the Number of Students Who Accessed My Course
- First, insert a date into both the Start Date and End Date fields on the right side of the page.
- Then uncheck "All Roles" and check only students in your course.
- Note: As you make changes the chart will automatically update.
How do I create an excel file of the data I am seeing?
- Tap the Export to XLSX or Export to CSV to create a MS Excel Worksheet containing this information.
The Tools Access information was determined to be unhelpful to instructors and has been disabled until further notice.