Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by a local teacher as part of a collaborative partnership.
Some Collaborative class homepages in Brightspace feature a Calendar widget that displays content items with due dates and all calendar events. The following steps outline how to add an event to the calendar in your Brightspace course. If your course does not include the Calendar tool but you would like to have it, please reach out to the District Programming Team.
- Begin by scrolling down to the calendar widget on the class homepage and clicking the title Calendar.
- Next, tap Create Event. To connect the event to content in the course, such as a lesson or assignment, click Add Content, navigate to the desired item, and select Add.
- At this point, choose one of the following options:
- If you have assigned course content to the event and want to use a custom name, check the Use custom name box and enter a name for your event.
- If you have not associated course content with the event, simply enter a name for your event.
- Next, add date and time details for your course event in the "When" section, and then click on the provided fields.
- If you want the event to repeat at regular intervals, click Add Recurrence and enter the necessary details.
- To add restrictions to the event, such as hiding it or making it visible before the event date, click Add Restriction and enter the relevant details.
- To add a location for the event, select the location from the Location drop-down list.
- Finally, click the Create button. The event will now display on the Calendar page and on the Calendar widget on the Class Homepage. It may also appear on the Lessons page if it is associated with a content item.