This article pertains to courses taught by a local teacher as part of a collaborative partnership.
In Brightspace, all courses have an Instructor Info widget that is visible to students on the class homepage. This information is important for students to be able to access easily so that they know who to contact when they need assistance in the class and how to contact them. Follow the instructions below to complete your profile and update the Instructor Info widget in your courses.
The features and permissions described in this article do not apply to Michigan Virtual instructors.
- First, access your course in Brightspace.
- Next, in the upper right corner, tap the profile icon.
- Then choose Profile from the drop-down menu.
- At this point, modify the following fields. Each of the fields listed below will display on the Instructor Info widget on the course homepage if information is entered.
- Instructor Photo - Choose to upload or change the picture displayed.
- Nickname - (optional) Enter the name you would prefer students call you. For example, “ Mr. Brown”.
- Email - Insert your local school email address.
- Business Phone - Insert the phone number where students can reach you.
- Position - Add your job title. For example, "Social Studies Instructor".
- Interests/Hobbies - (optional) Insert office hours. For example: “Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM.”
- (Optional) Enter any other information you would like to share with students in the remaining fields. Note that this information will only be visible to students if they click the “Read More” link at the bottom of the Instructor Info widget.
- When all edits have been made, tap the Save and Close button to save your changes.
- The Instructor Info widget and your profile page have now been updated in each of the courses you teach.