Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
When gauging student progress, it may be helpful to know how much time a student has spent in your course. By visiting the Student Progress Page, instructors can view the total amount of time a student has spent engaging with the content in their course as well as a breakdown of how the time has been spent and which parts of the course have been accessed. Follow the steps below to access this information for students in your course(s).
Note: This data does not include content that is linked outside of Brightspace as well as time spent idle, working on assignments outside of Brightspace, or time spent on non-content pages like the Class Homepage or My Progress pages.
- First, access your course in Brightspace.
- Next, on the horizontal navbar, click More, then Course Admin.
- Then select Class Progress.
- At this point, select a student by clicking on their name.
- Next, scroll down to the Content section.
- The total amount of time that the student has spent in the course is given as well as data on the number of times they have visited the course and how many topics they’ve accessed.
Note: Topics can include lessons, assignments, quizzes, and any additional resources in the course.
- Next, tap the Topics Visited section to see details on the most recent items the student has worked on.
- At this point, tap Content from the left navigation menu to see additional data.
- You will be able to see access data for each module of the course. Tap the triangle next to the number of topics to expand the section.
- Finally, view details for each item within the module.
Note that each topic item has an icon next to it that indicates the type of item it is. Refer to the key below for icon identification.