Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
To evaluate a student's progress, it can be useful to have information on the amount of time they have spent in your course. The Student Progress Page provides instructors with access to this information, displaying the total time a student has spent interacting with course content, along with a breakdown of how that time has been distributed across various sections of the course. To view this information for students in your course(s), follow the steps below. However, please note that this data does not include time spent on external content links, idle time, assignments worked on outside of Brightspace, or non-content pages such as the Class Homepage or My Progress pages.
- First, access your course in Brightspace.
- Next, on the horizontal navbar, click More, then Course Admin.
- Then select Class Progress.
- At this point, select a student by clicking on their name.
- Next, scroll down to the "Content" section. This information provides the total amount of time that the student has spent in the course, as well as details on the frequency of their visits and the number of topics they have accessed. Please note that "Topics" can refer to a variety of items in the course, including lessons, assignments, quizzes, and any other resources that are available.
- Next, tap the "Topics Visited" section to see details on the most recent items the student has worked on.
- At this point, tap Content from the left navigation menu to see additional data.
- You will be able to see access data for each module of the course. Tap the triangle next to the number of topics to expand the section.
- Finally, view details for each item within the module.
Note that each topic item has an icon next to it that indicates the type of item it is. Refer to the key below for icon identification.