Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
Collaborative instructors in Brightspace courses have the ability to display due dates and availability dates on the Lessons page for both students and instructors. This can be a helpful way to keep students on track with their coursework. To set these dates, instructors can navigate to the Edit page for each assessment type, including assignments, quizzes, and discussions. For more information on using the Manage Dates tool in Brightspace to set due dates and dates of access in bulk, please refer to the following article: Use the Manage Dates Tool to Set Assignment Due Dates in Bulk. To set dates for other course items such as lessons, units, and folders, please follow the instructions below. For further information on Brightspace dates, please consult the Brightspace Dates FAQs article.
- First, open the course in Brightspace and then navigate to the Lessons page.
- Next, tap a unit, folder, or lesson to open it.
- With the item selected, click the ellipses in the upper right corner and then choose Edit.
- For units and folders, tap Add Due Date to open the due date field and enter a date. You can also set dates of availability on this page by clicking the triangle next to "Availability Dates" and entering the dates. When finished, tap the Save button to apply your changes.
- For lessons, enter a date in the Due Date field and set "Availability Dates" by clicking on that section. When finished, tap the Save button to apply your changes.
On the Lessons page, teachers will be able to view any due dates that have been set as well as the dates of availability, if applicable.
- When students view the course, they will also see the due dates and dates of availability on their Lessons page.
- In addition, for students and teachers, the due dates will populate in the Calendar widget on the Class Homepage, if enabled.