Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
Collaborative instructors with multiple courses can streamline their workflow by duplicating assignments across courses.
Note: This capability is limited to collaborative courses.
When an assignment is replicated from one course to another, the ensuing copy inherits the following attributes:
- Assignment folder and properties, including instructions, assignment category, and visibility
- Assignment properties including description, attachments (direct file attachments, uploaded from Google Workspace or OneDrive, and audio and video files), and category
- Grade item and grade category
- Availability dates
- Submission and completion information, including the Optional Grade item and the course scheme if used
- Rubric(s) associated with the assignment. When copying an assignment that uses a shared rubric, instead of linking a copied assignment to a shared rubric, the rubric is also copied. The copied assignment links to the copied rubric. If an assignment uses a rubric that is archived, the rubric is copied and retains the archived state in the destination courses.
When an assignment is duplicated from one course to another, there are certain properties that do not transfer over. These include instruction quicklinks and attachment resources that were created using the "Attach link to existing activity" feature, as well as any instruction images added using the "Insert Image" function that were saved in course files. Additionally, availability release conditions and special access settings, submission and completion data (including group assignment designation), evaluation and feedback information (such as Turnitin associations, competency, and outcome associations), and content topic associations (e.g., if the assignment is linked from content) will not carry over to the copied assignment.
- First, on the navbar of the course that contains the assignment you want to copy, click Assignments.
- Next, in the assignment list, click the dropdown menu next to the assignment title and select Copy to Other Courses.
- Then check the appropriate boxes to include the rubrics and/or grade items, if you’d like them copied with the assignment.
- After selecting the assignment you wish to copy, the next step is to choose the destination course(s) in the "Choose Destinations" section. You can search for the destination course(s) by using a keyword or filtering by semester. Once you find the appropriate course, click to select it as the destination. It is possible to select up to 10 courses to copy the assignment into.
- Finally, select Copy.