Intended Audience: Affiliation User
Affiliation Users can associate a mentor with a student for the purpose of ensuring success in a student’s online course. The process below outlines how to make the association in the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
To associate more than one student with a mentor, follow the Associate Multiple Students to a Mentor article.
- First, click the Students tab from the top menu bar.
- Next, select the linked name within the “Student” column for the student needing the mentor association.
- Then scroll to the “Actions” section and tap the Associate to Mentor option within the Actions section in the left navigation menu. At this point, any associated mentors will appear in the results grid.
- Continue to add a mentor by selecting the “Add new association” link at the top of the page.
- Afterward, choose the “MENTOR” option from the Role drop-down field.
- Then choose the mentor’s name from the User drop-down field and tap the Save button.
Note: If the mentor is not listed in the drop-down menu, follow the Add Mentor Account process.
- At this time, refresh the page to display the association.
- If a mentor needs to be removed from one student, locate the student profile as mentioned before and at step 7, tap the view icon and then tap the Delete button.
- When a mentor needs to be disassociated with multiple students, proceed with Disassociate Multiple Students from a Mentor.