Intended Audience: Affiliation User
Users affiliated with an institution can link a mentor with a student to facilitate their success in an online course. The steps below explain how to create this association within the Student Learning Portal (SLP). If you need to link a mentor with multiple students, refer to the Associate Multiple Students to a Mentor article.
- First, click the Students tab from the top menu bar.
- Next, select the linked name located in the "Student" column for the student who requires a mentor association.
- Then scroll to the “Actions” section and tap the Associate to Mentor option within the Actions section in the left navigation menu. At this point, any associated mentors will appear in the results grid.
- Continue to add a mentor by selecting the “Add new association” link at the top of the page.
- Afterward, choose the “MENTOR” option from the Role drop-down field.
- Then choose the mentor’s name from the User drop-down field and tap the Save button.
Note: If the mentor is not listed in the drop-down menu, follow the Add Mentor Account process.
- At this time, refresh the page to display the association.
- If a mentor needs to be removed from one student, locate the student profile as mentioned before and at step 7, tap the view icon and then tap the Delete button.
- When a mentor needs to be disassociated with multiple students, proceed with Disassociate Multiple Students from a Mentor.