Intended Audience: Affiliation User
When a student graduates or departs from a school, it is necessary to update their profile status to inactive within the Student Learning Portal (SLP). This action will eliminate their profile information from the current student data and prevent them from being enrolled in any further courses. It is important to note that students should not be deleted from the SLP as their course information may be required in the future. This guide provides instructions on how to alter the status of several students simultaneously. For adjusting the status of a single student, please refer to the Change Single Student to Alumni Status article.
- First, tap Students from the top menu bar.
- Next, select Bulk Status from the left navigation menu.
- At this point, the Search Criteria section is shown containing several search filters that can be applied. Use the Currently Enrolled drop-down field to select the “No” option. Please note that choosing this option will result in the removal of any users who are presently enrolled in a course from your search. It will not be possible to update these users to an inactive status until they have finished their ongoing courses. This is a crucial point to consider before making any selections.
- Next, tap the Get Data button to reveal students.
For example: Use the Grade Level drop-down field to select students in the 12th grade.
- At this point, select the students who will require a status change by placing a check mark in the box located to the left (Select column).
- Once all students have been selected, tap the Bulk Status button at the bottom of the page.
- As a result, a pop-up box will appear, use the Status drop-down to choose “ALUMNI” for students who graduated.
Note: Currently, the "BLOCKED" status is exclusively reserved for students who must be prohibited from enrolling in any course offered by the SLP.
- Next, to apply changes, tap the Save button.