Intended Audience: Collaborative Instructors
This article pertains to courses taught by local teachers as part of a collaborative partnership.
Teachers in Brightspace can export their grade book to obtain an archived copy that can be accessed outside of the Learning Management System. Following the steps outlined below is recommended for all collaborative instructors to follow for each of their courses after the term ends and grades have been finalized.
Please note that the features and permissions outlined in this article are not applicable to Michigan Virtual instructors.
- First, access your Brightspace course.
- Next, click on the Grades tab located on the top navigation bar.
- Once on the Enter Grades page, click on Export.
- In the Export Options page, complete the following:
- Choose the Key Field to identify users.
- Select the sorting order of the fields that appear in the exported file from the Sort By drop-down list.
- Choose the Grade Values and User Details to export.
- In the Choose Grades to Export section, select or unselect any grade items to include/exclude from the export.
- At the bottom of the page, click either Export to CSV or Export to Excel. This action will generate a pop-up window with the exported file, which can be downloaded for future reference.