Intended Audience: Mentors, Affiliation Users
Users with both Affiliation User and Mentor permissions in the Student Learning Portal (SLP) can switch between roles to perform specific actions. The default option is set to AFFILIATION, which enables users to create accounts for students, mentors, and affiliation users, as well as enroll students in courses, drop them from courses, and perform other actions. This process explains how to switch roles to access different options.
- To access the option of switching between roles, start by clicking the drop-down field (shown below) located at the top right corner of the page. Please note that if this option is not visible on your account, it means you do not have dual role permissions. If you believe that you should have access to this feature, please make a request for dual role permissions.
- Next, select the MENTOR role.
- As a result, the page will refresh allowing the user to:
- Show Messages Sent to Mentor, or
- View Students Mentor is Monitoring, or
- Perform Mentor Specific Actions
- Finally, return to the Affiliation User role by tapping the drop-down menu and then selecting AFFILIATION. At this point, the page will refresh again allowing the user to:
- View Account Information, or
- Create Accounts (Student, Mentor, and Affiliation Users), or
- Perform Super Affiliation User Capabilities