Intended Audience: Affiliation Users
An Affiliation User can choose to add a single student account or upload multiple accounts into the Student Learning Portal (SLP). This process describes how to create and upload a comma separated values (CSV) file to create student accounts in bulk.
Note: After student accounts are created, the system will automatically make a guardian account. Once the student has been enrolled in a course, an email message will be sent to the guardian which will contain their account setup instructions. These accounts are generated with the intent of keeping guardians informed of student progress.
Step 1. Create the Import File
- First, tap the Affiliations tab in the top menu and then tap your affiliation name.
- Next, tap Bulk Import from the left navigation menu and open the Import Student Template.
- Then insert a row for each student which contains the required information are as follows:
- firstname: This cell should contain the student’s first name.
- lastname: This cell should contain the students last name.
- dob: This cell should contain the student’s date of birth.
- email: This cell should contain the student’s unique email address. (This will also be the student’s Username)
- guardian1firstname: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s first name.
- guardian1lastname: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s first name.
- guardian1email: This cell should contain the primary guardian’s unique email address.
- iep: This cell should contain a “1” if the student has an Individualized Education Program (IEP); if not, the cell should contain the number “0.”
- section504: This cell should contain a “1” if the student has a 504 Plan; if not, the cell should contain the number “0.”
- affiliationindex: Disregard this column, this cell should be blank.
Note: Do not remove or alter the headers in this file or insert more than 200 students at a time.
- Next, select File and then select Save As and then choose the location on your computer where the file should be stored.
- To finish, rename the file using the File Name field and then change the Save as type field to “CSV (Comma delimited)” using the drop-down options.
Step 2. Import Student Profiles
- Begin by returning to the Student Learning Portal.
- Next, tap the Affiliations tab on the top menu.
- Then tap the name of your school in the “Name” column.
- Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Bulk Import Students on the left navigation menu.
- At this point, you will be prompted to upload the CSV file created in step 1 above. Proceed by tapping the Choose File button, choosing the file and then selecting Open.
- Next, tap the Preview button to display the list of students to be imported.
- Then tap the Choose File button once again and select the file saved in step 2.
- Next, select the Upload button to import the students.
- At this time, a new column titled “Results” will appear next to each student record.
- If “OK” is displayed, the student information was imported successfully.
- If “Fail” is shown, the student profile was not successfully imported and must be recreated. Reference the “Messages” column for additional information.
Step 3. Verify Import
- First, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar.
- Finally, review the list of students to ensure the imported students are listed. At this point, student and guardian accounts are created and an email will be distributed to provide them with their login credentials.