Intended Audience: Mentors, Affiliation Users
Mentors and affiliation users can monitor student progress and grades by accessing their Gradebook in the Student Learning Portal (SLP). This process describes how to access that information. Please note that the Gradebook only displays the student’s active courses, to view completed courses users will need to access the Gradebook History.
- First, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar to display a list of active students.
- Next, click the link displaying the student’s name within the table in the “Student” column.
- Then tap Gradebook in the Enrollments section within the left navigation menu.
- As a result, the Gradebook page will be displayed showing two sections of data. The first section shows a high-level view of the student’s progress. The data shown contains the course name, start and end dates, grade progress bar, completed number of assignments, the duration of the course and the Teacher(s). The second section is altered by tapping the radio button to display course and assignment information. This table contains the assignment name, possible and earned points, grade and completed information.
- Is the selected gradebook missing data? Does it appear to not be synchronizing with the LMS gradebook? This may be due to a known issue that we are currently working to resolve. Follow the View Progress Summary article to obtain gradebook information.
- Tap the Generate PDF button to view this information in PDF format.
Note: All pop-up blockers must be turned off in order for the Generate PDF option to work.
- Next, compare the “Possible Points” to the “Earned Points” on completed assignments in the table.
- At this point, a mentor or affiliation user can have an informal conversation about the progress report with the student. Obtain a hard copy of the Gradebook by tapping the Print page icon displayed at the top of the page. Alternatively users can select the Export Results to Excel icon to create and save a digital copy of the student grades.
- Finally, if required Keep Records of Student/Mentor Interactions for historical purposes.