Intended Audience: Affiliation User
Students who graduate or leave a school will need their Student Learning Portal (SLP) profile updated to an inactive status. This will remove their profile information from current student data and prevent them from being enrolled into any additional courses. Students should never be deleted from the SLP as their course information may need to be retrieved in the future. This document describes how to change the status for a single student.
Status changes for multiple users at once can be made following the Change Multiple Students to Alumni Status article.
- First, tap the Students tab in the top menu bar to display a list of students who have or are currently taking courses.
- Then select the appropriate linked name within the Student column. As a result, the student’s basic information will be displayed and will show the students “Active” status.
- At this point, tap Edit Information on the left navigation bar.
- Now the basic information can be modified.
- Next, tap the Status drop-down field and choose the "Alumni" option.
IMPORTANT: Do not update a student's status to Alumni if they have current enrollments.
- Finally, apply changes by tapping the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
How do you find a student with just a 'student ID'?
Mentors and Affiliation users have the ability to search using the students Student Learning Portal ID. Please note that this is not the same student ID associated with your school. To search for the SLP ID, follow the steps outlined below.
- First, enter the SLP ID into the Global Search bar located at the top of the page.
- Next, strike your Enter key to execute the search.
- Then tap the student name within the results page to view the student profile.
- Finally, tap Edit Information to modify the status from ACTIVE to ALUMNI.