Intended Audience: Affiliation User
When students complete their studies or leave a school, it is essential to update their profile in the Student Learning Portal (SLP) to an inactive status. This will eliminate their profile data from the current student records and restrict their enrollment in any further courses. It is important to note that students must not be deleted from the SLP, as their course information may be required in the future. This guide explains the process of changing the status for a single student.
To update the status of multiple users simultaneously, please refer to the Change Multiple Students to Alumni Status article.
- Begin by selecting the Students tab located in the top menu bar to view a roster of students who are presently taking or have previously taken courses.
- Then select the appropriate linked name within the Student column. As a result, the student’s basic information will be displayed and will show the students “Active” status.
- At this point, tap Edit Information on the left navigation bar.
- Now the basic information can be modified.
- Then, click on the Status drop-down field and select the "Alumni" option. It is vital to note that a student's status should not be changed to Alumni if they have active enrollments.
- Finally, apply changes by tapping the Save button located at the bottom of the page.
How do you find a student with just a 'student ID'?
Mentors and Affiliation users have the ability to search using the students Student Learning Portal ID. Please note that this is not the same student ID associated with your school. To search for the SLP ID, follow the steps outlined below.
- First, enter the SLP ID into the Global Search bar located at the top of the page.
- Next, strike your Enter key to execute the search.
- Then tap the student name within the results page to view the student profile.
- Finally, tap Edit Information to modify the status from ACTIVE to ALUMNI.