Intended Audience: Guardians
A guardian has the ability to enroll their student/child in a Michigan Virtual course. This process describes how to use the Student Learning Portal (SLP) to select the course(s) to enroll the student.
- First, login to the Student Learning Portal (SLP).
Note: If you and your student do not have accounts setup, reference Add Student and Guardian Accounts before proceeding. Please also note that students do not have the ability to enroll in courses and will not see the features described below.
- Next, tap Course Registration from the left navigation menu.
- Now, search the Course Catalog to locate the course of interest and apply filters as outlined below:
- First, insert the course name into the Search by Course Title text box to find a specific course.
- Next, use one or all of the drop-down fields available to narrow your search results in the table below. It is recommended to choose a Subject and Semester at minimum.
- Term drop-down options can eliminate all courses that are not offered in a specific term. When choosing a Term, please reference the Enrollment Calendar and note semester, trimester and summer terms have moved a Flex schedule for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The Catalog drop-down allows guardians to choose what type of course to search. For example, AP Courses, Essential Courses, Test Out Courses, etc.
- Use the Subject drop-down field to filter results by subjects such as Mathematics, Social Studies, or English Language Arts.
- If there is a preference, tap the Instructor Provider drop-down to choose Michigan Virtual, Confucius Institute or None.
- The School Level drop-down field can be used to filter results by High School, Middle School or Elementary courses.
- Use the NCAA Approved drop-down menu to locate courses that are approved by the NCAA.
- If desired, the Content Provider drop-down menu allows guardians to select a specific course vendor.
- Then tap the Apply Filter button to generate a list of courses matching your filters above.
- Next, in the results table tap the linked text within the “Course” column to review the full course description including syllabus. When finished, select the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box to close.
- Now, select the course(s) you wish to enroll your student by following the steps below:
- First, tap to check the box within the “Select” column of the row containing the appropriate course information.
- Then use the drop-down field within the “Start Date” column to choose the date that your student will start this course.
- At this point, tap the Register button to proceed to the confirmation and payment page.
- Finally, review the enrollment details displayed, enter your payment details and then tap the Make Payment button.