Mentors have access to a confidential reports within the Student Learning Portal (SLP). This process will describe how to obtain the unique password to view and download the reports.
Note: Affiliation users with dual roles must choose the Mentor option from the role drop-down menu to view these reports. Reports can only be viewed in PDF format and are password protected.
Obtain Report Password
- First, tap the Mentors tab in the top menu bar.
- Next, note the number displayed in the ID column to the right of the Mentor name.
- Then combine the last name followed by the ID above to (MentorLastName+ID). This is your unique password, which cannot be changed. For security purposes, please do not distribute or write down your password. Please note that hyphenated last names will include the hyphen in the password.
Mentor Gradebook Reports
- Begin by tapping the MySLP tab in the top menu bar.
- Then move down to the bottom of the Dashboard by using the scroll bar on the right.
- Next, locate the "Mentor Gradebook Report" widget and then tap the “Get Report” link located within.
- At this point, a new window will open and prompt for a password. Using the process above, enter the password and then tap the Submit button to proceed.
- By default, the report will appear within the browser window. To access the full benefits of this report, it must be downloaded and opened in a PDF reader.
- Finally, hover over the top portion of the page to display the menu options. The menu will display the Gradebooks for students assigned to the mentor, followed by the page number for the page displayed followed by the total number of pages. Next, the Rotate Clockwise, Download, Print and Bookmarks icons are shown.
Searching the Report
- Begin by pressing the CTRL+F keys simultaneously to open the Find dialog box.
- Then insert the first or last name of the student and then tap the OK button.
- Navigate through the report to locate the appropriate information.
Note: When hovering over the top of the report, the 4th icon is a list of bookmarks, this will allow mentors to select and navigate to a students report.
Save Individual Student Report
- Start by hovering over the top right portion of the page to display the menu options.
- Then tap the Print icon.
- Next, type the pages you want to save (Example: 1-18).
- Then ensure the printer is changed to Adobe PDF.
- Finally, press Print and then save these pages as a student’s name on your desktop or in a folder.
- First, hover over the top portion of the page to display the menu options.
- Next, tap the download icon.
- Then choose a location to save the file to, rename the file (if desired) and then tap the Save button.
- At this point, navigate to the saved file and then open.
- As a result, a password prompt will appear, enter the same unique password and then tap the OK button.
- Users with Adobe Acrobat Pro can view or toggle between students by tapping the Bookmarks icon on the left menu and then selecting a student name.