A school or district will use the Student Learning Portal to enroll a student in an online course. This process describes how to create the enrollment.
Note: This process does not apply to a parent/guardian who wishes to enroll a student.
- First, select the Students tab in the top menu bar to display active students.
Note: If the student is not in the results list, follow the Add Student Account process before continuing.
- Then tap the linked name in the “Students” column to view the student account information.
- Next, scroll down the page to tap the Enroll in Section option in the left navigation menu. As a result, the Enrollment Information page will be displayed prompting for payment.
- Start by selecting the Term, Course and Section. When choosing a Term, please reference the Enrollment Calendar and note semester, trimester and summer terms have moved a Flex schedule for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Next, if applicable, choose the desired course Start Date from the available dates in the drop-down.
Note: If the Term you have selected contains the word “Flex”, you will notice that when selecting a Start Date, the End Date will change. Schools choosing a start date prior to today for the purpose of aligning district term dates should note that the course will not be available for the full 20, 13 or 10-week duration.
- At this time, the End Date is updated to automatically display the day the course will end for the students.
Note: The Last day for Refund which is the last day an enrollment can be dropped and costs reimbursed.
- Next, if applicable tap the Payment Type drop-down field and select the appropriate payment method for this transaction.
- Purchase orders require the PO number to be entered once “Po” is selected. This option may be automatically applied.
- If you choose to drop the student a refund will be issued to those who drop within 25 days from the course start date. Refer to the Michigan Virtual Drop Policy.
- Credit Card purchases require the enroller to enter specific credit card and billing information.
- Then ensure the Accept Enrollment Terms box is checked.
- Finally, select the Enroll button to enroll the student.
- If you would like to enroll multiple students, open the Enroll Multiple Students in a Single Course process.
- If you receive an error message, visit the Unable to Enroll Students process.
- Locate Current/Successful Enrollments.